campaign going right now it is
Whimsy Stamps and their team are all animal lovers and we’re excited that you want to be part of our efforts to help pets in need of adoption. For every Whimsy Stamps Adopt Don’t Shop Cat and/or Dog clear stamp that is sold Whimsy Stamps will donate $1 USD to the *Gulf Coast Humane Society. And by you simply purchasing a fun stamp set or two, you are automatically donating to this worthy cause. While there is no single solution for this complicated issue, if we all do even one small thing it can really add up to make a big difference. Thank you so much for your support!
Here are some ideas how you can help:
- Spread the word by sharing the Whimsy Stamps Adopt Cats & Dogs Campaign banner on social media, tag friends and use hashtags #adoptdontshop and #whimsystampsadoptdontshop
- Purchase the Whimsy Stamps Adopt Don’t Shop Dogs and/or the Adopt Don’t Shop Cats clear stamp sets and $1 from every set sold will go directly to the *Gulf Coast Humane Society
- Volunteer at your local shelter/animal rescue
- Adopt or foster a pet
- Find out about your local TNR (trap, neuter, return) program in your area for feral cats
- Donate items in need at local shelters, food, towels, blankets, toys, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Whimsy Stamps also loves purebred dogs and recognizes that responsible purebred breeders are NOT the problem. If you are interested in adopting a specific breed please check with breed specific rescues https://www.akc.org/akc-rescue-network/
Puppy mills, backyard breeders, and unawareness are all offenders that keep this issue an on-going struggle. Please educated your friends and family that shopping/buying from these sources only perpetuates the problem.
A sincere THANK YOU from the Whimsy Stamps team, for caring and supporting this effort!
Purchase the Adopt Don't Shop Cats and/or Adopt Don't Shop Dogs clear stamp sets and $1 USD per set will go to the Gulf Coast Humane Society
*(from GCHS website 2/2019) “Gulf Coast Humane Society is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, no-kill, animal welfare organization established as the first non-profit animal welfare organization in southwest Florida in 1947. Our shelter does not receive any federal, state, or county funding and no funding from the Humane Society of the United States or ASPCA. We rely solely on donations, grants, bequests and fundraising events to further our mission of caring for the neglected and abandoned pets of Southwest Florida. As a no-kill facility, the pets of the Gulf Coast Humane Society remain in our care until they find their forever home.
Our mission is to provide humane care for surrendered animals by offering refuge, providing medical care, and facilitating an adoptive home. Each year we take in more than 1,000 animals in need of compassionate care.
The work we do to care for these animals is all possible thanks to the support of those of you in the community who care deeply about the welfare of homeless pets. They thank you - and so do we.” www.gulfcoasthumanesociety.org